Training + Workshops
Every next level of your life will require a different version of you.
Welcome to Solshine Wellness Education Center
Focus: Power Vinyasa
Join Solshine on this incredible journey. Whether you are looking to deepen your own practice or teach professionally, this training is an opportunity to tap into your greatest potential and transform your life. Throughout this course, you will learn the foundations of yoga, movement, and leadership through personal exploration, group interaction and a demanding physical practice. By the end of this training you will be prepared you to teach yoga in a relevant and meaningful way blending the right amount of technical knowledge, with insight and atmosphere giving your students the backdrop for a practice that will elevate the world around them.
By giving our students the most current information in alignment based postures in partnership with pranayama and and cutting edge group teaching skills this program will give you the building blocks to shape you into an authentic and reputable yoga teacher. Not only are we committed to your technical education, but your evolution as a student.
- -Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour trained yoga teacher.
- -Teach and demonstrate the segments in a Power Vinyasa method with the corresponding poses
- -Understand layers of alignment and how to cue to the different populations
- -Learn cueing techniques that will speak to the student learning process while leading a multi level class.
- -Learn the fundamentals of group teaching: safety, set up and execution
- -Introduction and outline of the philosophy behind the yoga practice, the history of yoga, and cultural impact of yoga in the west.
- -Learn the business of yoga and explore ways to leverage your voice to build a sold business model.
200 Hour Apprenticeship
6 modules/6 Months or Custom Scheduled
Complete your 200 hour training on your own schedule. One module per month with payment as you go option. This program includes in-studio practice teaching with teacher feedback and hands on cultivation of your teaching skills. This program is great for those who are brand new to teaching and want to build a skill set that will prepare them for studio quality classes upon graduation. A non refundable deposit of 350.00 is required for enrollment. Payment in full is required 5 days before training starts.
If you wish to apply for payment plans please submit application and email [email protected]
300 Hour RYT Training
Enrollment now open for January 2020
3550.00 Regular Tuition
Course Description : Yoga for Every Body
We will go well beyond the basics of alignment and learn how to assess clients and program for postural deviations, and special populations. Learn advanced anatomy and sequencing and how to grow your clients practice. Understand the science behind stretching and strengthening strategies using myofascial techniques, and corrective programming. This practical is not only relevant for all body types but will prepare you will the information and the confidence to successfully lead all levels through group classes or one on one training.
Course Description : The Subtle body Compass
In our teaching methodology module we will step into the history and philosophy of this ancient practice and learn how yoga evolved from the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita to the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, We will dive deep into the study of the subtle bodies and gain insight into how these inner maps create create the compass for your practice. Become certified in yoga nidra, and yin in this module and learn, techniques in guided meditations. Connect, grow and expand as a teacher and a student. This training will give you the backdrop for creating transformative and life-changing classes.
- Take your knowledge of basic anatomy and apply it practically into each posture with specific focus on integration, fascial roles, and the kinetic chain of movement.
- Learn how to use structural assessments to identify poor alignment and movement mechanics
- Understand how the combination of anatomically focused assessments with sequential corrective programming can help to alleviate chronic pain.
- Gain profound insight and skills to elevate your communication and rapport in the yoga room and in a one on one setting allowing for deeper connection and transformative experiences.
- Understand in greater depth the subtle bodies and the role they play in the physical body.
- Learn the techniques and concepts behind yin yoga
- Learn how to lead yoga Nidra and guided meditation for stress, trauma, pain and for mindfulness.
- Take a deeper look at the timeline of yoga and how the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika evolved through the periods to create the oldest system of mind/body health.
- By the End of this training you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as a 500 hour teacher.
Brandy Jones, Owner at Solshine Wellness, Program Coordinator
E-RYT 500, Corrective Exercise Specialist ACE Personal Trainer, Brandy holds additional certifications and credentials in pilates, TRX, barre, functional fitness, nutrition, and youth fitness
Tucker Waldron, Advanced Postures
Tucker is trained in Jivamukti Methodology, and is a bhakti and ethics teacher. A rock climber, runner and former collegiate athlete Tucker focuses on strong foundations for progressing your yoga practice.
Kate Callaghan, The Art of Language, Hands on Adjustments and Alignment
E-RYT 500 with focus in therapeutic programming, Kate holds credentials as a Core Power teacher, personal trainer, and creative writer. Kate’s focus is with hands-on adjustments, intelligent sequencing for healthy bodies, and special populations.
Karen Edwards, MS Health and Exercise Science, ACSM